Speculation on Speculation, Vision, the Role of Images in accessing the Divine, Van Eyck, and Woody Allen!
- What did Suso mean by speculation in Pauline sense?
- What is dangerous about the opposition of corporeal and spiritual sight?
- What does Suso propose as a form of Imitatio Christi?
- What are the implications of God’s authorship of history, Scripture, and nature?
- What is the process of manducatio?
- What was Gertrude’s view of images?
- Why are the works of Jan van Eyck so suitable for Jeffrey Hamburger’s theories about seeing and believing?
- Discuss the perils of visionary experiences.
- What in the final analysis is the visio Dei?
- Is it possible to compare apples and oranges: does Schwarz’s analysis of Jan van Eyck and Woody Allen work?
- Compare the two artists’ (van Eyck and Woody Allen) ways of distinguishing figures within their respective works.
- Would Jeffrey Hamburger agree with this author’s analysis of the Ghent altarpiece?
- Should this course have a tag line of Romans 1.20?