Here are Morgan’s Questions:
1. Why is the architecture of the convents discussed so much in this article? What is Hamburger’s purpose of that?
2. What do you think about the Ebstorf convent’s reform reconstruction in the mid 15th century?
3. Does this article change your perception about nuns during the Middle Ages or women from Middle Ages in general?
4. What reasons have contributed to the dismissal of female artists and patrons of these convents over time?
5. Why are Liturgies so important?
6. “Even as art historians turn to allied disciplines for methodological guidance, we should not overlook the extent to which our own objects of study can transform approaches to other fields of historical inquiry.” (p.126) What does Hamburger mean by this statement about the role of art history?